Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sherlock In Love

Set two years after Holmes has died a depressed and confused Watson keeps seeing him around every corner. But as his illusions start to become more real he is drawn into the past through his and Holmes' journals. Watson discovers a common thread that runs through several of their great adventures that was until then unknown to him.

As Watson investigates present day happenings it reveals a history of Holmes which he had no idea about. This book is one of the best I have read: warm, comforting and familiar. And yet it reveals an ending that I NEVER saw coming and that knocked my socks off.

1 comment:

retroredux said...

Hey Cynthia,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I've read Sherlock In Love too and enjoyed it as well. I see from your other blog that you are a crafter-me too! I love to sew-my sewing machine is not working right now. I bought it several years ago on Overstock, can't decide if I should buy another one or have it fixed. Would be around the same cost either way. Nice to meet you:)
Laura