Monday, May 4, 2009

Chasing Vermeer

Chasing Vermeer Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Are there ever just coincidences in the world?? THis book explores that question as eleven year old Calder is pulled into an adventure involving a stolen Vermeer, a really hip schoolteacher and a grouchy old woman.



It was confusing sometimes, but fun most of the time. There are codes and clues hidden throughout the book and illustrations. I spent a blissful rainy afternoon reading the book and solving the riddles and codes.



The ending didn't do a very good job of explaining WHY some of the coincidences happenned, but I am not super picky, so it didn't bother me all that much.



I plan on passing this to my ten year old next and see what she thinks.


View all my reviews.

No comments: