Friday, March 20, 2009

Fablehaven

Fablehaven (Book 1)" src="http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1170267540m/44652.jpg" border=0> Fablehaven by Brandon Mull


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
If any of you have been regulars to my blog you might have noticed that this book has been on and off of my currently reading list about 5 times.



I know, no one has noticed, but it has!



Anyway, I REALLY wanted to enjoy this. My kids loved it and it is an LDS author. But I just didn't get into it. Maybe it is just that fantasy is not my fave genre. I actually hope that it sit because it killed me to just give it 2 stars. Sorry Brandon!!



It is well written, but I just was not engaged by the characters. The kids kept breaking the rules.



Maybe that was the problem. I have 4 teenagers and am not entertained by kids breaking rules because they think the rule makers are doing it just to be random and mean.



Hmm... I may have hit on the problem!!



If you like fantasy I give you the hearty recommendation of Ella and Harrison, who both begged me to read Fablehaven.



If you are at your wits end with your own kids, maybe wait and read it when your grand kids are acting up!!ha ha


View all my reviews.

No comments: