Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lord of the Flies

Lord of the Flies Lord of the Flies by William Golding



My review

***SPOILER ALERT***


rating: 2 of 5 stars
I read this in one evening, so maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance but... it was so confusing. I felt like I had started in the middle and then bits and peices were left out.



I was especially confused when Simon was killed. And then my big question; How did they get on the island??



A plane crash? There was no plane. THey talked about a plane and a fire. Why were they all on the plane to start with. WHere were they and where were they going?



If someone has answers, PLEASE enlighten me.



I just didn't get it. ANd I think it is a classic. And I have no idea why it was on my bookshelf or where it came from.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Shelli said...

I loved this book! It's required reading in high school around here. They get to analyze it a little more deeply than you could in one night, I'm sure! A lot of social commentary, Christic symbolism, nature of man kind of stuff. It makes for a good discussion.

Unknown said...

Just dropping by to let you know I have a super give-away contest running this week (and every week) on my LDS blog at Not Entirely British

This time, the prize is a copy of award-winning author Annette Lyon's latest release in her Temple series - Tower of Strength.

Hope you have time to hop on over and take a peek.